I have a proposal for an accelerator
Entrepreneurship and starting a new business have many challenges, which include training, interacting with governmental and non-governmental entities, funding, legal issues, etc. Using their expertise and communication, accelerators help young entrepreneurs to build a successful business. In order to develop a knowledge-based business, we are looking for experts to help entrepreneurs in this path. If you have a plan to establish an accelerator in a professional field, please share this with us and make use of our expertise and connections.
1. preliminary evaluation
Your proposal for creating an accelerator will be evaluated in a specific
2. Writing the negotiated contract
Negotiations with you may take one or more sessions. During these meetings we will evaluate the different angles of your plan to ensure that there are no uncertainties. After these negotiations, the partnership agreement will be adjusted and finalized.
3. Contract assessment and supervision
After signing the contract and starting your work, our supervision on plans and goals will continue. Provision of professional experts, allocation of more resources and equipment, and strengthening of the management team are among our agenda, in order to support your activities.
Proposal for partnership in acceleration
Expertise, capital, and effective communication are great assets for accelerating new businesses. In order to succeed, these assets must be gathered in accelerators. Partnership with BARKAT can provide expertise, capital, and national and international communication for accelerators, to easily and safely move forward in the challenging knowledge-based business path. If you have an accelerator plan, share it with us.
1. presenting the plan and assessment
If you already have an active accelerator, we can form a partnership to hold an accelerator program. In order to do so, our experts will assess your sent proposal so that we can discuss it further in negotiations and meetings.
2. negotiation and allocation of the needed fund
We will hold one or more meetings to negotiate and assess your plan further. After reviewing the details of your proposal, we can sign a contract for holding an accelerator program. Allocation of resources and our supervision on the progress of the plan is also based on this contract.
After primary approval of the plan by the evaluation committee, negotiations with the proposing team or desired partners will be held. The following items should be considered:
- The negotiation will be held to finalize the following:
- The accelerator management team
- Business model
- The details of the accelerator plan
- The model of interaction between BARKAT and other partners
- The model of profit sharing
- BARKAT bottom-lines
- The process of supervising the accelerator
Note 1- during the negotiations, supporting documents must be provided
Note 2- the process of negotiations will take place at the level of deputy heads of the institute.
After finalizing negotiations, the partnership contract will be set between BARKAT and other partners. In the contract, the following items should be considered:
- The contract will be based on the template of “partnership contract for establishing business accelerators”.
- Partnership contracts for establishing business accelerators will be as follows:
- Shareholder and accelerator management through a subsidiary: this situation is used for the accelerators proposed by BARKAT. After choosing the partners, the accelerator design activities (goals, field of activity, execution plan, mentoring, etc.) will be performed in BARKAT. The execution and management of the accelerator will then be assigned to a subsidiary (this company will operate independently, but will be a subsidiary of BARKAT or a related entity). BARKAT and other partners fund the management and execution of the accelerator. However, other entities can enroll in the accelerator plans as well.
- Shareholder: in this case, BARKAT only invests in establishing an accelerator and will own a part of its shares. These shares are in fact part of the ownership of the accelerator and are not related to investments for activities in accelerator plans. In this situation, BARKAT can also invest in separate funding for participation in accelerator plans. In this situation, supervision on the accelerator is more important.
- BARKAT as the shareholder and manager of the accelerator: this situation is similar to the first, except that the management of the accelerator is performed by a team, chosen by BARKAT. In this situation, BARKAT will own part of the accelerator’s shares as the managing shareholder, and the partners or other interested investment entities will fund the accelerator activities. Of course, BARKAT can also invest in these activities.
After finalizing the contract, the process of supervision on the accelerator begins. In this activity the following items will be considered:
- The process of supervision is carried out in accordance with the “regulation of supervision on business accelerators”
- The process of supervision is more evident in the plans that BARKAT is solely a shareholder or is participating in an accelerator plan.
- In supervision, different KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) are used to evaluate accelerators. Some of these KPIs are as follows:
- The value of the plan after the acceleration period (for example, in Iran, if the acceleration is fine, the value of a plan is estimated to be between 3 to 5 billion)
- Number of hours of mentoring the teams
- The time schedule of the accelerator plan
- Demo day structure
- If the KPIs show weakness in the accelerator, corrective actions such as the following will be put on the agenda:
- Strengthening mentoring by adding experts and professionals
- Strengthening the management team of the accelerator
- Allocating more funds and equipment
- Changing the structure of the accelerator’s management